If you are on Connected Business 14 or lower versions, you need to upgrade your database to Connected Business 16 first before upgrading to Connected Business 18. Failing to upgrade your database first to Connected Business 16 may result in unexpected errors
Before upgrading the database, make sure to back up the company database before running the upgrade utility.
Steps On How To Backup and Restore Database
Upgrade the Connected Business 14 database to Connected Business 16
1. Sign in to the machine where the databases were installed. The Database Management Console Utility only connects locally so it should be run on the machine where the databases are installed.
2. Open Connected Business Database Management Console 16 (Interprise.Presentation.Utility.DBMS.exe). Connect to the right server connection
3. Once the DBMS is loaded, the databases that need to be upgraded are marked as Ready for Upgrade. Select your database.
4. Every time you upgrade a database, you have to register the database by clicking on the Register Product button. Have your serial and confirmation number ready.
5. After successfully registering, click on the Upgrade Database button in the toolbar menu. A pop-up window will show advising you to create a backup for your database. Confirm that you have created a backup by ticking the checkbox "I have read and accepted the above." note and clicking Yes to proceed to with the upgrade. Alternatively, you can use the right-click option and select Upgrade Database.
6. Once the upgrade starts, another pop-up window will appear showing the progress of the upgrade. A message prompt will appear after finishing the upgrade.
7. Once done, the version number should change into Connected Business 16.
8. You may now proceed with opening Connected Business Database Management Console 18 (Interprise.Presentation.Utility.DBMS.exe). Connect to the right server connection
9. You may follow the same steps from step 3 to step 6