System will not allow the user to add accounts during General Journal creation.
You can perform either the following:
A. These templates that you can use whenever you create general journal entries. With this, you can select the Account Codes to include in the journal template.
1. Go to Accounting Module, click on Setup > Journal Template button.
2. Click Next button to start.
3. Select the category for the journal template. You may create a template journal of values and of percent.
- If Values, you may create a template journal with fixed values for journal entries you do regularly.
- If Percent, you may create a template journal splitting the values into the specified percent. Note that the percent values must equal to 100%. This option is ideal for splitting the costs among codes and apportioning it to the account codes or segment accounts for department, branch, or any division.
Consider the case of an electric bill that you’ve received. The Electricity Bill l is posted in the electricity expense account, and all you have to do is supply in the amount. The templated journal will apportion the values among the account codes for you.
4. Select the Account Codes to include in the journal template. Enter the values, fixed amount or percent, in the Debit and Credit columns. Click Next button to continue.
5. Click Finish button to close the wizard.
1. From Accounting Module, Select Journal > New Journal
2. In the Template field, select a general journal template to use.
· If the template is fixed amount, the account codes are displayed with values in the Debit and Credit columns filled in by the template.
· If the journal template is percent values, enter the amount for the first account in the Debit or Credit column. Notice that the percent of the amount is apportioned in accounts in the next line.
3. Save the details before closing the form.
1. Go to Accounting Module > Setup > Preferences > Check 'Allow Manual Journal Entry for Default Control Accounts'
This option restricts users from creating manual entry to GL accounts being used by the system to generate a journal. Upon upgrade from Interprise Suite 6 to Connected Business 13, the Allow manual journal entry to default control accounts is disabled in the Accounting preferences.
- If checked, it allows you from creating manual journals using the Default Accounts. However, the system will only compute the totals created from the transaction forms. In effect, it will not allow you to compare your financial statements to your reports as the totals may no longer match.
- If unchecked, it will not allow you from creating manual journals using the Default Accounts.
All Connected Business Versions